Grey Globes

Sunday night was the 67Th annual Golden Globe Award show, unfortunately for the many coifed celebrities they had to share the spotlight with a grey sky and rain. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the ever entertaining award show while I was at work, though the sound was off I enjoyed watching the rich and fabulous look their best. Here are some of my choices for best dressed.
Christina Hendricks: Christian Siriano
Va Va Va VOOM! Hello Jessica Rabbit, the Mad Men stunner made quite the appearance on the red carpet, flaunting her breast, I mean best assets. I love the color of this dress, it almost looks like champagne cascading down a tower of crystal glasses. Christian Siriano is so good at giving the illusion of fullness. I love the hair, the makeup, and even her come hither look, way to go!
Emily Blunt: Dolce & Gabbana
Let's be blunt about it, pun intended, I love Emily and I think she looks fantastic, though she did play it safe. The gown is lovely, pink, angelic, beautiful draping, but it lacks something...maybe it is because we have seen it before. Needless to say I chose it as one of my favorites, she looks great, maybe she should have worn her hair up? Am I being too critical?

Olivia Wilde: Gucci
Olivia is one of my boyfriends favorites, and I can see why: her tiny frame, sultry cat like eyes and ability to look "cute" in a daring low plunging dress. This gown photographs beautifully, I can imagine it being very soft and and well fitting, just look at the way it drapes on her body... perfection. I must say I would have preferred to see her hair down and tousled to add an extra pow...

Jennifer Aniston: Valentino
I love this dress, I think it is sexy and simple, like most Valentino gowns. When Jen came on the screen I said, WHOA she looks amazing, her hair, the glow in her skin and those legs. This dress is a beautiful silhouette and I think it is very wearable, she always looks so effortless, how does she do it?

Anna Paquin: Stelle McCartney
Wow wow wow, not only do I love Anna in everything she wears/does, but she looks so sexy and fresh in this dress. She definitely gives the golden globe himself a run for the money.

Kate Hudson: Marchesa gown and Casadei shoes
This Origami inspired dress is very clean and crisp, the paper like folds really make this gown a stand out piece, not to mention she is wearing a waterfall of stunning jewels. I like the fact that Kate paired a sensible dress with such sky high platforms, I did a post about Casadei shoes a while back, they still have a place in my heart.

Drew Barrymore: Atelier Versace
I think she looks radiant as ever, the star burst detailing on this dress is unlike anything I have ever seen before, very glamorous and feminine, love.

Marion Cotillard: Christian Dior
I normally would not gravitate to a dress like this, but for some reason her classic beauty makes this draped silk dress quite desirable. The color is what makes this Christian Dior number stand out, it is across between emerald and pewter, and I like it. The slip dress effect is a unique touch, and leaves a bit to the imagination if you ask me...

Sandra Bullock: Bottega Veneta
Not only do people say we look alike, but she is wearing my favorite color and looks so regal while doing so. I hope when I am 40 I look close to as incredible as she does. This dress is a simple silhouette, yet the sheer fabric adds a dose of sexiness, and her hair- amazing.

Who stole the show in your eyes?


2 comments:

  1. How about the worst dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to say emily blunt. i know the dress is "safe" and somewhat simple i think it is so stunning and so feminine. i love

    ReplyDelete